Sunday, March 05, 2006

Carolina on my mind


Well, it's spring break, and that's supposed to mean at trip to see beautiful Carolina blue....but life (soccer games, swim lessons, plumbing problems, lack of sleep.....) is interfering with travel plans....so we've settled for park outings and I've been up knitting alot, and am making these little sockettes (you can see I've JUST started the second one) and this ribbon scarf. I made up the pattern for the sockettes, in Knit Picks Dancing, using a band heel and the simplest of 3/1 rib cuffs and stockinette on 2.0 mm needles. The scarf is a one row pattern I found on this site and adapted it to use just 10 stitches and ribbon yarn on (huge for me) 10.0 mm needles. I like the way it's come out and will love it for Spring--which is pretty much here, down here! There's something incredibly peaceful about a sunny day and happy children and an easy knitting project in colors that match the day--I'm lucky, this time, to be able to stay put! But now to plan for Easter Break.....