Wednesday, June 28, 2006

A knitter in Paris

Okay, I have to admit something. This started out as a dishcloth. I'm not really a dishcloth knitter, but I found this very pretty double flower pattern by Yvonne Hussey. I had some Lion Kitchen Cotton in and old corner of my stash (yes my stash is big enough to have corners!) so I pulled it out and started knitting. It's a very cool pattern, knit in the round from the center out. The further along I got, the more I thought it would look really cool as a hat for my daughter. So I knit the whole pattern, just as written, decreased down to 80 stitches and did 10 rows of K1P1 rib. And it is a pretty cool beret (actually it looks more like what I've heard called a "snood" on my daughter; this may be destined for her older sister)! Which just goes to show, you never know what you might end up with when you just try something new!