Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A spring in my (well, someone's) step!

It may be end of summer here, but I am very happily finished with these springy socks--made with the previously mentioned "Wonky Lace" pattern (all my lace is wonky, actually, but that's another story!). I made these so they would fit one of my younger sisters who is allergic to wool (yes, she really is, I have tested it several times, thinking she was imagining it.....). But since the Fixation is so stretchy, they actually fit me pretty well...(yes, I am the big foot of my family, luckily, I am also the knitter of my family). So we'll see. It would be just too surprising and weird to have two potential (notice I said potential, I hardly ever manage to hold onto gifts that long) done in August! I want to give a big thank to Trek for this pattern, and the many free patterns she has on her site. They are very clearly written and all quite adorable! My next sock project is going to be a pair of Pirate Socks, which I found on the Hello Yarn site....after I finish these little Save the Children Hats--more on those tomorrow! Posted by Picasa