Saturday, February 25, 2006

Texas one step

Well, this is my traveling to Texas and back sock. Have to say I don't love it--love the pattern (Simply lovely lace socks from the latest Interweave Knits), like the yarn (Kroy sock) but don't think the combo is A+.....but I love knitting while traveling; I especially love knitting socks on dpns while traveling--it is such a conversation starter! I am usually pretty solitary when I'm traveling; listening to my IPod (this time the latest "cast on" podcasts-love them) and just knitting away, but this ast trip was full of flight delays and frustration, and when a woman sat down next to me and pulled out her crocheting, I knew it was time to talk. Airports are really the strangest combination of people rushing like mad and people killing time--a real slice of life really. Like most people, I rarely have time to kill, but sitting in an airport on a plane, IS one of those times. Knitting helps me feel productive, helps me feel connected and lessen the pain of being away from home, helps calm my nerves. And on the plane, it gives me a sense of creation in control when I have put my own fate in a creation of steel and the control of a pilot. It is good that I can knit. I keep coming back to that, these last few years when I took up knitting again and have learned and done so much. It is good, it is hopeful, it is true. And I'm, grateful I can do it--to Texas and back, and when I finally get back home. And now, to knit another! Posted by Picasa