Wednesday, August 23, 2006

They might be pirates....

Then again, well, they might be frogs, or frogged, that is. It's been awhile since I posted--mainly because my digital camera has vanished (not stolen or anything, just placed by some well-intentioned soul in my household into someplace that made sense at the time, no doubt, but of course, which cannot now be remembered! Any day now, I will open up a bag or box or drawer, and there that camera will be, looking for all the world like it belongs there! But in the meantime, I have finished the cuff of one of the pirate socks, actually called "Skull Socks of Fury" in black for the main color with a very fuschia pirate (can't you just picture it....). I'm concerned though about the sizing. But I must admit that I am so woefuly slow at chart and color knitting that I don't think I will have the heart to rip the one out (of course, when I finish the next might be a while). I'm also working on another pair of what will probably be Christmas (what IS going on here!) gift socks, in some self-striping/jacquard kroy sock for my brother in law, who is wonderful to be so impressed by such things. Now, to go in search of the camera once more...if only I call it the way I do my cell phone!