Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The real cost of second sock syndrome....

"Help, my foot is cold, help Daddy's toes are cold (please graft me)!"... Here is my one and only "Pirate Sock" (aka Skull Sock of Fury). Amazing how long it took me to do that cuff. Amazing how difficult it is to get the cuff over my, my older daughter's, my younger daughter's (yes, anyone's) heel. One of these days, I am going to find, and make myself take, a class on two color knitting. Clearly, I need some help with it. But as you can see from the pirate close up below, they are kind of cute (I think). After that experience, what else could I do but cast on for a super easy Thuja (I think I should start paying the guy who designed them, aka Bobby Ziegler, royalties, I knit the pattern so much) variation, at a nice tight gauge on nice small needles, with nice self-patterning yarn, for my hubby's brother's very easy to fit feet (yes, they will be a Christmas present, or maybe a birthday present, and yes, I have actually made progress on the second one of that pair). The second pirate will have to wait for the weekend, when I should have some more concentrated knitting time (or at least the chance to concentrate!) And on another note (sompletely), I won (me, I actually won something) some very nifty "Spunky Eclectic" yarn in a pink and gray colorway from the very friendly blogger at Yarnbeans. Yippee (really!). But I better do the other pirate before I start that project! But it wouldn't hurt, would it, to look for patterns! And on one more note--the camera was in my car. Someday, maybe, I will tell the story of the bottomless pit that is my car! Posted by Picasa