Friday, April 07, 2006

Coming to my senses


I have been a member of the Yahoo Group Six Sox Knit a Long for quite a while--great patterns available to members, and lots of wonderful help from the designers if you run into a problem. We've just started a new sock the "Sixth Sense Sock," and it's lovely; I've started it in periwinkle baby cashmere, and I love how it's turning out so far. It does have a garter-stitch short row heel, which I have never done before, and am looking forward to trying (As you can see, I'm still on the cuff)., as well as a hemmed edge at the top of the cuff; which I think looks nice. It will definitely be a warm and soft sock and so not too wearable in the already hot south this summer, but imagine it could be a great pair of make-ahead (imagine that) Christmas gift socks! If you're interested in sock knit a longs, check out the Yahoo Group linked above.