Monday, September 04, 2006

Dog days


Happy Labor Day weekend, all. It has been a busy one around our house. I started another pirate sock and had to frog it, knit away on my self-striping thuja, and started a pair based on the Broadripple pattern from Knitty with the cool pink and black yarn I won from Yarnbeans. I have no pictures, because, basically, well, I've been busy taking pictures of our new dog. Yes, we already have a dog, no we had not actually planned on another one, but had been thinking about it, and when we went to Pet Smart on Sunday for supplies, their weekly "Rescue Fair" was there. The rest is history, but we are happy, and so is Honey, our new dog (the little one in this picture) and Laika, our "old" dog (too shy for this picture) and especially our younger daughter, who is thrilled, of course. Our cat, well, we're working on that one! All is mostly well so far, and blessedly, Honey the new dog is as uninterested in messing with my yarn as Laika the old dog! Pictures of knitting soon, promise!