Sunday, March 19, 2006

6 year old knitting & a "pair" of socks

No, the knitting is not six years old, the knitter is! I had to post this! This lovely doll cape is my six year old daughter's second project (the first being a wristwarmer for her grandmother). I bound it off and sewed the button on, but otherwise it is her project--in all its glory. She learned to knit pretty easily, and is encouraged that I still make mistakes--and told her that if we can't fix them, we turn them into features! I am soooo proud, and so is she. Now I have to let her back into my GOOD stash (she picked out this Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran!) for some Spring knitting! And I have to say it's obvious she DOESN'T take after me in one knitting habit:
When I told her she could start another project even though she hadn't finished that one and come back to it later, she said, "No, that's okay, it's better if I have one knitting project at a time." Well, cast your eyes on my one modified Thuja sock and my one Simply Lovely Lace Sock (in some beautiful Lorna's Laces, in Embers...), both of which were finished this weekend but also need a mate to make a true pair! But I went to a party today at a friend's house and got to talk about knitting--woo hoo! And tomorrow is a dentist day--no doubt some tiem to knit in that waiting room! Posted by Picasa