Thursday, March 30, 2006

Home, where my socks are waiting....


Silently for me......Yes, I did get some knitting done on the road. My scarf was really slow going; I'm really grateful to larjmarj for help in finding an enhanced description of the pattern stitch I was using....but it will take a lot of blocking! I got a good start on one of my Sockapaloooza socks in the Lorna's Laces, and when I got home, I sat down and finished the second of the fingering weight Thuja's--and I love the way they came out. I was travelling in Florida, where it was just hot enough to make it feel like early summer, and I love the beach, butI got all of a half hour of outside time, but hey, it was a business trip. I brought home some very pretty shells I picked up on the beach, as well as the usual chotkes, as my husband called them. And it was a real treat to come home to comments on my blog from larjmarj and jaymeknits! I realized when I was repacking to come back home that I bring all this knitting with me even though I probably won't have much time allowed to knit because the idea of running out of knitting just sends me into a PANIC! This must be one of the distinctions between a traveller who knits and a knitter who travels. So I will always carry more luggage than I need to just so I can have plenty of yarn!!!