Saturday, March 25, 2006

Leaving Home

I have packed a roll a board and a small duffel. I have a few changes of clothes, a few bags of travel size toiletries, one good book, one distracting magazine, and three knitting projects (did I mention I will be gone for 3 whole days?) : A herringbone scarf in some Gelato (cotton, stranded acrylic mix) which I have just started for some airport knitting, my re-started Sockapalooza project, and a couple balls of a beautiful red wool/microfiber for an one the way home project. I think my Sockapaloooza socks are too complicated for airplane travel, at least for me, hence all the extra projects! I hope I'll have SOME downtime at the hotel between meetings to sit and knit. I will be at the beach, actually, in Ft. Lauderdale, and I hope to at least glimpse the sun! Business travel, blech. Knitting has helped so much with this new need to travel for work; it gives me something to look forward to in what is otherwise just grueling for me. I hate leaving my family, worry about my girls while I'm gone, get crazy trying to get everything in my household settled before I go. Everytime, I think it will be easier. Everytime, it is still just as hard. But it is, for right now, the way life is. I hope to bring home shells for my youngest, (even if store bought; she loves them) and the required "snow" globe, and hopefully, a completed sock, too. We keep on keepin' on, like we've learned to do. See you later this week!