Thursday, March 16, 2006

Soccer socks aka sockapaloooza procrastination

Aren't these pretty? It's that Thuja pattern (from Knitty), yet again, this time in fingering weight--in this cool cotton wool regia that I found on ebay. Those are 00 us needles, and they're knitting at 10 stitches to the inch, and the socks feel great--sturdy but soft, all at the same time. I have been telling myself that I started these after just finishing the red sockettes because I need a pattern and yarn that are easy enough to do sitting in a "lawn chair" at soccer practice, and sitting in car pool drop off, and sitting at red lights (well, only really long red lights....and I am STILL paying attention to the traffic!). Anyway, that's why I am saying I started these. Truth be told, I have been avoiding restarting my Sock pal socks after the problem with the yarn (see the sad post below), and after a great and VERY helpful email exchange with Marguerite, writer of the beautiful old shale two color sock pattern (and one of the most helpful and patient pattern writers and email answerers I've run into!) I am making for my sock pal, I am convinced of the need for stash enhancement in order to make this beautiful pattern in all its glory, AND so it fits over the ankle of my sock pal! So watch for more on my trolling amongst the Lorna's Laces listings on the internet. In the meantime, Thuja rocks, and so does having some time to knit! And I promise I will not let my sock pal down (neither rain, nor snow, nor shortened time at airports, nor non-cooperative kid merino will keep this humble knitter from several thousand more appointed rounds!) Posted by Picasa