Friday, May 05, 2006

How green are my feet?



Just finished these, using the new Hedera pattern by Cookie, published in Knitty. I was totally intimidated by the lace pattern when I started, so I made them anklets, but once I got down the instep of the first one I had it down, and realized I could have done a full cuff. But that's okay, because I like them as anklets. The pattern was very thorough and really well written, which I really appreciate. And I made them in a cotton/wool yarn (Fortissima Cotton/Schoeller + Stahl--the rest is in German!) I found in my stash (amazing) and used just over one skein--so the whole project was a real win win! And the little girl holding them up is my dear, dear six-year-old, who puts up with all my knitting (she's learned to cuddle around it) and has even learned to knit herself (yes, I'm proud, as you know!). Now I need to take a tiny sock break (help!!!) and make this cute little ribbon "Mita" yarn purse by Berroco that The Knitting Zone newsletter found for me. Thanks! It will be a giftie for my sister who I visit Sunday.