Saturday, May 20, 2006

Dying to knit

Well, here's all the stuff for dye-o-rama! I got some great instructions from Knitty, (by the very cool Kristi Porter) and I have plenty of yarn (in case I mess up a batch!). I have A LOT of orange cool aid. I realize this is because I have an orange haired daughter, and so have a thing about orange--which I realize might not be shared by by my swap pal--so I will tone thist first batch down a bit. I'm undecided about whether to try hand painting or striping, or just see what happens (which is often what I do in life, and as I know, not always the best choice, though never a boring one!) I'm hoping for time on Memorial Day weekend to jump right in (so to speak....). And this week I'll get out the markers and color wheel and see what could unfold. Posted by Picasa