Saturday, June 10, 2006

Knitting in Public

Finally, the long awaited World Wide Knit in Public Day 2006 has arrived. And S I were determined to get out and "Hide no more" as Franklin's Delores puts is. So out we went....to knit....in public. Well, sort of. We were very definitely knitting, and very definitely in public (a park), but because it was about 90 degrees in the shade today; my daughter S lamented that there was not much public to be knitting in front of! But here she is, knitting away, under what shade we could find. She commited to do (and completed) two whole rows before the lure of the giant empty playground became too much for her. But once she was on the playground, I got to sit under the shade of the giant slide while she played and work on the second of my "sock savior" socks for Sockapaloooza. I will be able to send them out on Monday, yeah. So happy knit in public day, one and all. Now I just need to get the pinestraw out of my knitting bag. Posted by Picasa