Thursday, June 01, 2006

Hats off...the knit's on


This little lace cap is from a pattern by Adrienne Robson, published a few summers ago in Knitty. I originally found it while looking for something to knit for the Knit the Classics/Pride and Prejudice Knit A Long--it looks pretty Jane Austen to me! I made it from a silk/baby alpaca blend that I had purchased just because it looked pretty (from elann) and just love how soft and cozy it feels. My daughter is modeling it, but I actually knitted it as a high school graduation gift for my niece (who wears a hat to cover here beautiful blond hair pretty much every day and everywhere!

The pretty bag is from Franklin at The Panopticon; he has produced these (along with lots of other cool knit-related shirts, bags, mugs, etc) for World Wide Knit in Public Day -- which I found out about just recently enough to get my bag in time! My daughter custom-colored it for me (amazing what you can do with a few sharpees) and we're both looking forward to knitting in public together. Now, to find a spot.....
(And then, to figure out a better way to post photos, so they flow in with the text better!)