Sunday, June 18, 2006

To sock or not to sock....

What is it? I started knitting today with my Dye-o-rama yarn from Girl on the Rocks. It is just gorgeous! I started knitting with a pair of socks in mind (of course) with this cool free pattern I found through Knitters Review Forums, and called "Slip Up Socks" on the Posh Yarn site. But now that I have about 5" of "cuff" done; (the shorter closeup of the stitches, on my hand, was taken earlier today) I am thinking how cool this yarn/stitch pattern combination would look as fingerless mitts or gloves....and would probably fit me better too (though I do have some slim-ankled buds who would, no doubt love to be gifted with a pair of these socks). Hmmmmm what to do? Okay, it's about 90 degrees in my neck of the woods right now, but decision time is only about 2 inches away (do I start a heel or a thumb gusset?) Which would get more wear? Which would be cooler (so to speak)? Which would show off this amazing yarn best? If you have a vote, leave a comment! Either way, I am loving this yarn, and especially amazed that it was made "just for me"! This swap pal stuff is great (now that I've had two whole experiences of it, that is!). What think you?