Monday, July 03, 2006

Oh Baby, Baby...

Baby knitting--I haven't done a lot of it. But a friend is having a baby, and I got invited to what looks to be a very lovely shower, so I have gone through tons of patterns searching for something special to knit. Alas, I have spent so long searching patterns that I am now within two weeks of the shower date!(I won't even tell you how much this happens to me!) But after all that searching, I came up with these "Children's Cotton Hats" in Last Minute Knitted Gifts, one of my favorite (and most used) knitting books (which could have something to do with my general tendency to procrastinate....but it is a good book, really). I decided to make her three hats; one pale yellow, one very pale green, and one almost purple. (Don't know if she's having a boy or girl). I had to order the Mission Falls 1824 Cotton, so I went ahead and made up a prototype today in some Lily "Sugar n Cream" that I dug out of my always cooperative stash. The gauge of the yarn is different, but I wanted to get a feel for how the hat looked in person. I like it a lot, and think it will be very funky and hip knitted up in the Mission Falls. Now, while I wait for the yarn, I can work on some very cool packaging.......hmmm..........will have to look for some ideas on that! Posted by Picasa