Sunday, July 23, 2006

Two, two, two wee sockies...

Okay, here's the thing. I have exactly one person in my life who are expecting babies. Now I'd like to say they're best friends, and that they'd love nothing more than to be showered (get it?) with lots of hand knit gifts....But honestly, she's a person I'm friendly enough with, but you know, not best. So since I've already given her those wee hats, I fear I might be seen as sort of stalking her if I show up with these baby socks too, but I'm just amazed at how much fun it is to knit these little things (and, okay, quick too; a gauge of 10st/inch goes a lot faster when you only have 40 stitches on the needle and the feet are just 4" long)! I think I will chance sending these along to my friend, just because they're done and all....maybe with a card that promises I am not a knitting stalker! (And by the way, this is the now discontinued [of course, I like it] Knitpicks Dancing, on u.s.0/2.0mm magic loop, and is an adaptation of a couple different patterns I've seen, with a repeating but traveling purl stitch). Posted by Picasa