Friday, July 07, 2006

Oh say can you crochet....

Well, as you can see, not really, or just barely (can I crochet, that is!) I was inspired to post this attempt at a small bit of crochet by reading Craftybernie, who talks about her own struggles to get past wobbly single crochet to actual shapes (Coming Up Blank: While I was feeling rotten....). Believe it or not, I have "known" the basics of crochet for years (meaning, "how to"), but I have never been able to make it look right! This is the closest I have come--a wobbly version of a crochet flower circle "pattern" I found in the winter issue of Knitscene. I know, I could have chosen an easier yarn (what can I say, it was there.....). It is clear to me this will take much more practice...and maybe a better set of crochet hooks (I always think equipment will rescue me!) . I am determined to keep trying, slowly, and soon! Posted by Picasa