Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Socks, socks, must knit socks.....

My little hat making break made me a little crazy I think, even after my last sock debacle! I cast on for these day before yesterday, and I think I'm knitting too hard (or too excitedly, if you can do that) because I'm bending my needles! Oh, but it's fun to see those tiny stitches again--they always look so neat and tidy (something in my life should be neat and tidy, right). This wool is Regia, a really pretty kind of mottled red (one of my very favorite colors) that I got on sale somewhere (ah, the memory fade amidst the haze of wool) I'm using size 0/2.25 mm needles, and getting about 9 stitches to the inch in the stockinette portion of the sock. This is an adapatation of the Posh Yarn "Slip up socks" pattern I used for my earlier Fingerless mitts, this time using a 72 stitch cast on to accomodate my bigger feet and the gauge I'm knitting at. The cool thing about this pattern is it is so easy and it looks so much like cables--love it. Now, to knit some more, and, perchance, to sleep (at some point!) Amended: found the ballband (whew!) The yarn is "Regia 4 Fach Haltbar/4 fadig Color" The color number is 5571.Posted by Picasa