Tuesday, July 25, 2006

To knit, perchance to swim....

I am getting ready to get ready for vacation--I am thinking about knitting projects to take with me! I have my current socks n progress (one down, one to go), I have a crazy urge to knit another hat or two (maybe child size this time so my girls can wear them) and I came across this great pattern from Trek for "Wonky Lace Socks". I like the name, and the pattern looks like so much fun, and it uses Cascade Fixation, which is a great thing to knit at the beach. And I have some Fixation in my stash, but I don't love the color, so this will give me a great excuse (like I need one) to visit this really cool yarn and used book store we found on the island last summer. I can't wait! Now I guess I have to start thinking about packing other things, like clothes, and sunblock and all that--but there's time!