Saturday, September 16, 2006

Good, and Plenty done....

Here are the finished "Good and Plenty" socks (I know you've been waiting with bated breath after that last post!). I just had to get a box of Good & Plenty for the photo after Twig's suggestion (though I do admit to a definite fondness for this candy, well, pretty much any candy on some days). And thanks again to Yarnbeans for the contest that got me this cool yarn in the first place! These were a lot of fun to knit; Broadripple is one of the best combinations of looks complicated and easy to memorize I know. The "extra skein" of hip hop arrived last week from the very friendly "Yarn and Thread by Lisa". Now I am ready to go back to work on the tangled web socks in progress. But here's the riddle: since I had so much trouble when I pulled from the center of that skein, if I pull from the outside and wind it back into a center pull ball, can I knit from the outside and have the pattern repeats in the right order???? This is too much logic for me at this point (I am babysitting three of my sister's children right now, so I am blaming that for my inability to figure this out.) Any input very much appreciated! Posted by Picasa