Saturday, September 09, 2006

Oh what a tangled web....

It is someting about me and ball winders.....and in this case, something about the stickiness of this Kroy Sock, which once tangled will never, I mean, never, ever, let go. This is the mate for the lonesome sock of my recent post--and it will be awhile before it is warming a foot. I wound up with such a tangled mess with this I had to cut the yarn to try to work it out, and I fear it is hopeless. I managed to find a matching yarn and dyelot on ebay and have ordered another ball, because when I finished the first sock, I had about 25 inches of yarn left--so there's no way I will get all the way to the toe on this one once I get this tangled mess cut out. Sheesh. I know, I must wind too fast. I try, I really do, try, to slow down and to keep it loose, and yes, I use a swift, but boy, what a mess. But on a sunnier note, I did finish, largely without incident, one of my Broadripple socks. The yarn is very soft and nice, and the colors knit up beautifully in the broadripple pattern. I have the second one cast on, and since this is both sport weight yarn and for a small footed friend, it should go quickly. I love this pattern. It looks so cool, and it really is simple enough to memorize (if I can memorize it, anybody can! I travel this week for a few days for work (car trip, alas), and should be able to get some knitting in. Now I just have to plan what to pack!
Posted by Picasa