Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Homeward bound

Okay, I have no pictures yet, but I just had to post this. While at my very crowded conference, I wound up seated (well squeezed) on a back bench in the meeting room. The man next to me was an old friend, so I decided I could take out my sock and start knitting. I was happily knitting away (and of course paying attention to the speaker), when I noticed my benchmate squiriming a little. Finally, he leaned over and whispered in my ear "Is that a knitting needle brushing my leg, or are you just glad to see me?" Lesson: socks in very tight quarters are best knitted on dpns, which makes for no needles hanging down to "caress" the leg of the man sitting next to you. Good thing he was an old buddy! Hee Hee! Enough said! Good and Plenty sock pictures tomorrow!