Thursday, September 21, 2006

Oh the agony....

I ran out of yarn. I am an inch or two from finishing the bag and I ran out of yarn (if I keep repeating that over and over I think perhaps I will believe it). Now you may be asking, how did you not notice you were getting near the end? I can only answer this by saying that I am great at denial--I kept looking at the rapidly diminishing second ball of noro and thinking, "I'm sure I only used two balls or noro last time I knitted this pattern, surely I am going to make it." Well, surely, I am not going to. So I am not felting tonight, (nor am I sleeping of course...) I am trying to figure out how I can sneak out of a lunch time meeting tomorrow to run to the LYS that I don't particularly like (but it's within sneaking distance of my office) and get one more ball of noro. Oh boy. On another note that certainly deserves to be its very own post, I spent four hours in the car today and listened to 4 side-splitting hours of the Lime & Violet podcast. Do give it a listen; but not necessarily while driving, lest you be pulled over by a kindly police officer who just doesn't understand that you're fully capable of driving even though you can't stop laughing! And oh yes, Lime & Violet talked me into a knit-a- long, too. I'm so impressionable! But I am still out of yarn...sniff.